Thursday, August 30, 2007

Culinary Stop #2 in New Orleans . . .


The charming architecture on Magazine Street in New Orleans

. . . was Lilette on Wednesday night. Located on a charming block of Magazine Street, Lilette's chef de cuisine, John Harris, was named one of Food and Wine's best new chefs in 2002.

I had good food there, and the ambience was pleasant. Lilette has a nice selection of wines by the glass.

My wild salmon was served atop a mound of flageolet beans, which are so de rigeur these days. I mean, you just haven't arrived as a chef unless one of your entrees is accompanied by flageolet beans. This food website even calls flageolets the "caviar of beans."

I am a bean lover, but I simply don't get what all the fuss is about. Flageolets are perfectly okay, but I'll take navy beans or canellini beans over them on any day of the week.

No comments: