Monday, January 5, 2009

A Good Wine Blog

I wish he posted a little more frequently, but I do enjoy what Jerry Hall has to write about wines at his blog called WineWaves. It's worth checking out if you drink a lot of wine like me.

On the right side of the blog is an index of different wine varietals so you can quickly find commentary or reviews on your faves.
Another thing that I like about Hall is that he isn't one of those typical "it's all about the Cab" wine writers. I appreciated this disclosure:
Zinfandel being my favorite wine grape, I appreciate the differences in personality between say, Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles, Amador, Lodi and Lake County. They're all powerful, but Napa's Zin power is the most classic and elegant, the least defined by jammy fruit or overtly high alcohol levels.

I don't know that I would call Red Zinfandel my favorite wine grape, but I do believe that it's very underrated (mostly, I think, because of the word association with those Kool-Aid tasting White Zinfandels).

No comments: