Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I Didn't Eat a Bloody Thing"

A passenger aboard a Virgin-Atlantic flight traveling from Mumbai to London sent Virgin's founder, Sir Richard Branson, a rather snarky letter complaining about the airline grub.

Courtesy of the London newspaper The Telegraph, we have a transcript of this letter, which is pretty amusing:

Dear Mr. Branson,

I love the Virgin brand, I really do which is why I continue to use it despite a series of unfortunate incidents over the last few years. This latest incident takes the biscuit.

. . . Look at this Richard. Just look at it: [the photo above was sent to Branson]

I imagine the same questions are racing through your brilliant mind as were racing through mine on that fateful day. What is this? Why have I been given it? What have I done to deserve this? And, which one is the starter, which one is the dessert?

. . . lets peel back the tin-foil on the main dish and see what’s on offer.

I’ll try and explain how this felt. Imagine being a twelve year old boy Richard. Now imagine it’s Christmas morning and you’re sat their with your final present to open. It’s a big one, and you know what it is. It’s that Goodmans stereo you picked out the catalogue and wrote to Santa about.

Only you open the present and it’s not in there. It’s your hamster Richard. It’s your hamster in the box and it’s not breathing. That’s how I felt when I peeled back the foil and saw this: [another photo was enclosed]

. . . So that was that Richard. I didn’t eat a bloody thing. My only question is: How can you live like this? I can’t imagine what dinner round your house is like, it must be like something out of a nature documentary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh out loud. fantastic.