Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nachos: The Super Bowl Snack

The N.Y. Times recommends adding pork rinds to the menu for your Super Bowl party. But I have a feeling that nachos will remain the prevailing choice for snack food for most Super Bowl watchers.

This blog post by Bon Appetit's Andrew Knowlton offers these "10 rules for making nachos." From what I can see, they seem like sensible rules worth heeding. Here is one of them:

Don't buy pre-grated cheese (ever). Grate it yourself so that the cheese will be fresh and finer in texture, which leads to uniform melting.

I prefer guacamole or salsa to nachos-and-cheese dip, but I realize I'm swimming upstream on this one. I was lucky enough to be at last year's Super Bowl. I hope this year's game is even half as suspenseful as last year's 4th quarter was.

No comments: